Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5 Good Things

Too many days have gone by of focusing on myself. There are so many things I feel are missing in my life, but I focus too much on those. I want to blog today about the positive things in my life, about what makes me happy and what I am so incredibly blessed with. I live the best life ever, and this is why...


1. My husband loves me.
What a blessing it is to have Bryant in my life. He is everything to me. Although I'm not the best at showing it, I am so appreciative of all his hard work. He is so willing to help those around him. Bryant is incredibly creative and such an inspiration to me. He is my best friend; I love him. 


2. I was raised by incredible parents. 
My parents have taught me to be hard working, to try my best, and to serve others. They have taught me through their own examples of taking every initiative to help people around them. I've watched them for several years and am still amazed at how much they do and how inspiring they are. 


3. I have goals in mind. 
It's easy for me to get weary of the future. My mind loses focus of what's important and I start comparing myself easily. Setting goals for myself helps me to see a clear plan of how I can control the things in my life. Not everything can be accomplished all at once, but we all have to start somewhere. 


4. It's summertime. 
Thank goodness school is about done. It's been an enjoyable semester, but I always look forward to a change of pace. I look forward to picnics with Bryant, more movie nights, more exercise, less homework, and hopefully some fun projects. It's going to be a great summer.


5. My apartment is clean right now. 
When the apartment is clean, I feel so much happier. My husband is cleaner than I am and it's wonderful. It's not always clean, and there is always more to do, but having open spaces to work in and relax makes all of the difference. 

2 comments:

  1. Your number 3 especially reminds me of myself:) I feel like it's a constant thing for me to focus and take baby steps rather than comparing and feeling like I will never do/accomplish/become what I need/want to be. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad i'm not the only one :) It's usually us comparing other people's strengths to our own weaknesses too.

    ReplyDelete